Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Crazy 'bout Crabs!

For the review for Foodsnoop on crabs, I finally got to visit Mellben! If you have no idea what that is, you are seriously deprived and I suggest you beg me to bring you there. Cuz the crabs are so darn good.

Here's what we had.
From top left: Shimmering sand crab or something along that lines, Crab beehoon, Stout pork ribs.

Guess which is my fave?
Hint: Focus.





This is the best Pork ribs I ever had. Can't really taste the Stout though. But I have no idea how Stout taste like anyway.









Oh my mantou! It was so good with the peppery milky spicy sauce which comes with Ms. Shimmery Sand Crab.









Here is Ms. Shimmery Sand Crab who seduced my boyfriend Allen.

He talks about her all the time. How good she was... How sweet...







Yeah. How sweet she WAS. I agree...

There! For getting my bf hooked on you.

No point screaming in protest. Here I come...!!!







It was the best crabs I ever had. Got to go there again. With the girls. It's quite near. The Toa Payoh branch that is. I got home within half hour despite having to switch buses at Serangoon. It's a must-go-again experience.

What can I say? I don't think I can write food reviews. Limited vocab.

Anyways~~ The recent Sunday, we met for crabs (again)! Companions this time include Estelle, Xinjie, Jane and Camille.

Crabs and me!









Photo| Courtesy

More about the 3 for $11 crabs. Less about me.

The sauce was super good but the crabs were disappointing. Still prefer the 3 for $15 crabs the girls and I always have...









Next... baking at my place. Chef of the day... Ratatouille! eh, sorry, Camille!

Eh, I have no idea how to turn the picture round...

Anyway, here's the pretty chef.








She's amazing. She doesn't even need to measure anything. She simply throws a bit of everything together and... Tadaa!! 2 cakes in no more than 2 hours.

Felt utterly defeated. The time Jane and I baked cheesecake, we had to try our best to get all the measurements right, convert from this standard to that standard, worry over why our cake is not baking and finally, sit by the oven praying hard. Really impressed! Ratatouille's no joke. ;)

Really enjoyed my Sunday with these bunch of bakers wannabes despite the hangover from overnight mahjong. That includes myself, of course. And excluding Camille cuz she's already... there.

I'm determined to bake more regularly. I have a successful tiramisu and cheesecake to my name. Meaning I baked them myself that is. And although most of the tiramisu is devoured by just one person (Jane! Thanks for the support) and her maid too, I feel encouraged enough to bake more often.

Encourage me! And maybe I'll exclude you from the list of people I will "offer" my experiments to... ;)

1 comment:

piggy said...

YES!!!!
I agree!!!1

MELBEN IS THE BEST BEST BEST!!!

Let's go there together!!!!

YEAHYEAHYEAH!!!